Midweek List

1. Thanks to Costco, I now have enough soap, laundry detergent, and dishwasher detergent to last me until we finally find out if the world ends in December 2012. The best part? I had coupons for all three items, so if the world doesn’t end in 2012, I’ll have a little more money to last me until the next end-of-the-world scare.

2. Our rental car is red. I never knew how fun driving a red car could be. It makes no sense–you can’t even see the car color when you’re driving it. But, you know. You just know.

3. I’m not a bagel person. I love bagels. I just often forget they exist. (Don’t ask why. If I knew why, I would tell you.) But, Harris Teeter had them half-off, so now we have bagels. Bagels for breakfast. Bagels for lunch (little pizzas!). I haven’t had bagels in years, and I associate them most strongly with childhood–eating them at my best friend’s house after Friday night sleep overs. And high school. I worked at an art studio in the mall on Friday nights, and often when I’d get home I would make myself little improvised bagel pizzas in the toaster oven. Then I’d eat them in my bedroom while talking for hours on the phone with Jesse. Having bagels in the house makes me feel young and impulsive and happy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This entry was posted in Life and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

7 Comments

1. Posted February 9, 2011 at 8:13 am | Permalink

My job buys us Panera bagels every Friday, and I was never really a bagel person either. But when they’re there, they’re hard to avoid!

• Posted February 9, 2011 at 10:51 pm | Permalink

Free food is always the best food. :)

2. Posted February 9, 2011 at 11:33 am | Permalink

I don’t really love bagels, but I do love cream cheese, and thus eat bagels regularly (last time I checked, it was not socially acceptable to shove cream cheese in ones mouth without some form of carb, even though it would technically speaking be healthier).

Is driving a red car as much fun as driving a bright yellow Mustang while blaring gangster rap? ;D

• Posted February 9, 2011 at 10:52 pm | Permalink

Nothing will ever top that bright yellow Mustang and our rapping all the way home from Blockbuster. Now THOSE were the days.

3. Sharon
    Posted February 9, 2011 at 2:36 pm | Permalink

Your memories about bagels brought to surface one of my favorite memories with my dad. I couldn’t have been older than 10 and was reading a book where one of the characters had bagels with cream cheese and lox for breakfast. I didn’t have a clue what lox was, and I must’ve looked confused because my dad asked me what I just read. I just had to ask what it was and did it taste good. My dad simply said why don’t we find out together. He drove me right then and there to the store, bought all the ingredients, and then we tried every combination at home. Honestly, I didn’t care much for the taste of lox, but my dad gets props for being a super-dad that day!

• Posted February 9, 2011 at 10:53 pm | Permalink

Wow, what a wonderful memory. Aww. Go Sharon’s dad!

4. Rachael P
    Posted February 10, 2011 at 7:32 am | Permalink

Try Bagel Breakfast sandwich when you’re in a hurry (well a sort of hurry). Egg, fried hard, topped with cheese. Bacon, crispy. Bagel toasted with mayo or honey mustard. Layer it up. Wrap it in tin foil or a sandwich bag if you’re on the go. :) (oh and Chris LOVES these I sometimes bring them to him on Sunday’s when he works…)